Awards!

Two weeks ago we lost a friend in the tragic Cougar Helicopter crash in St. John's. Tim was the co-pilot. He got out of the forces at the same time as my husband and they went to the same helicopter course in West Palm Beach. That's where I met Tim. What a nice charming men. He had four beautiful kids that he was proud of. Did not see them often, because they were living in a different province with their mom. He was only 47 years old. Tomorrow we will go to his funeral in our town.


Since two weeks what kept me going was reading your blogs. It helped me go thru my days. Weeks ago I received two awards. I would love to pass the awards to everyone in the blogging community but will play by the rules:

I would like to thank Val of More than Burnt Toast who has bestowed me with the Triple Award!! She is always there for me at the right time. She did sent me emails of encouragement when I needed them. She always brightens my days. Please take time to visit her beautiful blog.



The rules for recipients are:
*Put the logo on your blog or post.
*Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
*Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
*Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
*Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

1- Passionate about Baking
2- Sara's Kitchen
3- Rosa's Yummy Yums
4- My Easy Cooking
5- Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
6- Sunita's World
7- Vanilla Bean Cafe
8- A Southern Grace
9- Vanilla Sugar
10- Check it Out

I also received the Friendship Award from Sam of My Carolina Kitchen. I just discovered Sam's blog not too long ago. She's passionate about food and writes a food column in the Cherokee Scout newspaper in Murphy, North Carolina. I really liked when she took us on a tour of The Pâtisserie and Boulangerie in Saint-Remy-de-Provence in France. Pictures on her blog.

FRIENDS... comes with the following description to be added & passed along:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.”

It also says : "Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."





1- Epicurean Escapism
2- Italialicious
3- Half Baked
4- Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
5- Confessions of a Tart
6- My Tasty Treasures
7- Culinary Disasters
8- ReTorte