Roasted Pear Salad with Chèvre and Fig Vinaigrette

Roasted Pear Salad with Chèvre and Fig Vinaigrette

When I received my Vegetarian Times Magazine the first dish that I wanted to make was this Roasted Pear Salad with Chèvre and Fig Vinaigrette. I cannot tell you enough how good this salad is. I made it, three times already, since last week. Pear are in season right now and this is a great salad to try different varieties. I tried Bosch, Bartlett, Red Pear and they were equally good in this salad. You have to use a good fig spread like Dalmatia. This is good served as an appetizer or a light lunch meal.

It was Thanksgiving week-end, for us Canadians, last week. We had a full house. My two oldest kids and my mother-in-law came to visit. We played games, ate and we had a great time together. I am still missing looking at the BC mountains covered with snow, in the morning, but prefer to be closer to my family.


ROASTED PEAR SALAD WITH CHÈVRE AND FIG VINAIGRETTE

Ingredients:  

4 pears, halved and cored
40 ml + 30 ml fig jam, divided
140g soft goat cheese, cut into 8 slices
15 ml olive oil
30 ml lemon juice
2 ml Dijon mustard
4 cups baby arugula
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 walnuts or pecans, toasted and chopped

Directions:

1- Preheat oven to 325F. Place a parchment paper on a large cookie pan. Cut pear in half and place cut-side up in pan.

2- In the center of each pear spoon 5 ml jam. Top with goat cheese and drizzle with olive oil.

3- Bake at 325F for 30 minutes, until cheese begins to brown.

4- Serve on top of arugula. Top each pear with onion slices and walnuts (optional).



Source: Vegetarian Times