Chicken-Parmesan Bundles

Chicken-Parmesan Bundles

It was December 23rd.  My son and I were volunteers at the local Food Bank in Kingston, Nova Scotia.  The night was cold, -20C,  around -30C with the wind.  At around 8 p.m. we were almost ready to close the Food Bank and go home.  A young lady showed up pushing a stroller.  She had a baby and a four year old son.  They were freezing.  They had walked more than 40 minutes in that weather.  She was not dressed for that kind of weather.  She was as white as the snow.  All she wanted is something to put on the table for her two children on Christmas Eve.  We prepared big bags of food and gifts for the children.  One volunteer lady, from the food bank, drove her home.  She left us speechless.  There was not much to say.  Just to talk about it brings tears to my eyes.  It was a dark cold night that I will remember for the rest of my life.  That night I did not sleep much.



This week my son and I prepared a delicious meal.  We made chicken breasts stuffed with cream cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and spinach.  We served this chicken with creamy double-mashed potatoes.  We don't usually mash potatoes and sweet potatoes together but it was delicious. They were mashed with cream cheese and chicken broth.  

Recipes:

Chicken Parmesan Bundles

Creamy Double Mashed Potatoes











This Holiday Season Kraft Canada has teamed up with Food Banks Canada to make sure hungry families have food on the table this holiday.  

Here how you can help: 

Spread holiday joy across the country by visiting  kraftrecipeforjoy.com to send a free e-card to someone you know.  

For each e-card sent, Kraft Canada will donate $2 to Food Banks Canada

Hope you all join me to fight hunger in Canada.