Tortilla Soup

Tortilla Soup

In January we had all sort of weather in Ontario.  Some days were cold, some warmer, some snow days.  This is different than when we lived in Comox, B.C..  In January you could ski, golf and go for a boat ride the same day.  The climate was warmer but we had a lot of rain.  I prefer to have cold, snowy days with sun.  My system did not adapt well to months of rain.  I need the sun to feel good every day.  Also need to eat soup during the winter months.  There is nothing like to start a meal with a good bowl of homemade soup.  After you try this recipe you will not go back to canned soup.  This is another of my triple-tasted recipe.  I made it more than three times in January before talking about it.  If you get a cold you could make the broth without the chicken and this will clear you up.  There is many recipes for Tortilla Soup.  This one is spicy but you can always adjust the amount of spices for your taste buds.  I like to buy a good Monterey Jack cheese like Balderson for this soup, it's a little pricey but taste so good.  

I would like to wish Happy Valentine Day to all of my readers!