Want a piece of Pizza?


Wow dinner tonight was good. After a day of driving my son to hockey games, he is a referee and had two games today and also he played one game, so I decided that dinner had to be quick to put together once we get home.

I borrowed a copy of Cook's Illustrated at the library and had my eyes on this pizza since couple days. Tonight was the night to experiment. I followed the instructions and this was the quickest, easiest pizza dough that I ever made. It's made in the food processor and it is ready in 2 1/2 min. Then you have to let it rise for about 1 hour. You need this time to prepare you homemade pizza sauce and warm up the pizza stone. The stone is a must in this case.

The only thing I changed was to make it a pepperoni pizza instead of Margherita. I also found a great recipe for homemade pizza sauce and tried it for the first time tonight. It was so good. I will never buy pizza sauce again. It makes a lot of sauce and I will freeze what's left and that way I'll have the sauce ready for next week. We usually have one pizza night a week.


Back to the crust; I said that it was really quick to make and also it is really good. This is now my new recipe that I'll be using for my dough. I don't know if I will ever try a new recipe. It was perfect.

I mentioned that you need a pizza stone and also you need a pizza peel. Since I did not have one it was a nightmare to tranfer the dough to the stone. I did it with the help of my son. I had to fold the pizza in half and transfer it. I really have to find one of those peel. I also sprinkled some cornmeal on the stone. That way the dough does not stick to the stone and it's easier to remove the pizza once it's cooked.


Recette:
Pizza Margherita

Pizza Sauce