Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

chocolate peanut butter cookies



My daughter Geneviève is finally home. She flew from Ottawa on Dec. 18. She had not problem getting to Comox before the big storm. Now I'll be home for Christmas with my 3 kids. My husband is still in Africa and will join us Dec. 29.

Santa was really nice and delivered, at my door, a brand new KitchenAid Stand Mixer. So we have been baking lot's of cookies since Geneviève came home.

I saw this recipe on Joe's Blog and wanted to try it for a while. Since we were in the middle of a snow storm and the kids were outside cleaning the driveway, I decided to make them a surprise.

Wow these cookies turned out very good. We've been eating them, non stop, since yesterday.

Peanut Butter Munchies

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

Ingredients:
Dough:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
8 tbsp (4 on) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 large egg
1 tbsp Almond Breeze
1 tsp vanilla

Filling:
3/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
pinch salt
2 tbsp sugar

Directions:
Click this link for direction.