Anadama Bread - BBA Challenge

Anadama Bread


I'm doing the Bread Baker's Apprentice Challenge. Nicole of Pinch My Salt has invited us to join her in baking our way through Peter Reinhart’s book: The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread .

We will be backing one bread per week. The first bread wa the Anadama. I have never heard of that bread before I opened the book. It's pretty simple to make. I did halve the recipe because I only wanted one bread and did use only one tbsp of molasses instead of three. I did not want a sweet bread. The bread was really good the day I baked it with butter, maple butter & in a ham & cheese sandwich.

The next day I toasted the bread and eat it with peanut butter. Was really good. Can't wait to bake my next loaf of bread from that book. I do recommend this book to anyone who has the patience to learn to bake great bread.

anadama bread