Crystallized Ginger Apple Crumble

Crystallized Ginger Apple Crumble

Fall is my favorite season of the year. At the market we can buy the best apples at this time of the year. There is so much you can do with apples. A dessert that I bake, only in the fall, is apple crumble.


Last week I was in Ottawa to move my son in his new apartment for university. When I got back home I had a great package, waiting for me, from Epicure Selections. In the box I found baking products like baking powder, vanilla beans, cinnamon sticks, almond extract, edible blossoms and many more.

One of the products that caught my attention was Crystallized Ginger. I had never baked with crystallized ginger before and wanted to do a recipe right away. I searched on Epicure Selections for a recipe and found one for Crystallized Ginger Apple Crumble. Right away I knew that this would be on the menu for last night Dinner. First I tasted the Crystallized Ginger. It was so good I could not stop snacking on the ginger. I prepared my crumble, and for the spices used Epicure Selections Apple Pie Spice. When I opened the jar it smells so good. I added a bit more than what the recipe called for because I do like my crumbles with lot's of flavor. This crumble was so good that I will make this recipe from now on.