Maple-Roasted Root Vegetables

Maple-Roasted Root Vegetables

If you are like me and try to cook by the seasons you will find a bounty of fresh vegetables at the market these days. At this time of the year we are talking about carrots, onions, parsnips, turnips, potatoes and many more. One of my favourite ways of cooking those vegetables is roasting them. It’s such a healthy way to introduce them to your family. Even picky eaters will like the sweet flavour of those vegetables.


Since I received some great products that are high-quality from Epicure Selections, I am finding myself cooking a lot with them. I love experimenting and trying new recipes. One recipe that caught my attention was the Maple-Roasted Root Vegetables. Since I was making a vegetarian Sheppard Pie for Dinner this was the perfect side. In less than 10 minutes my vegetables were in the oven. The recipe calls for Epicure Selections Maple Spice Fruit Dip Mix. Once I opened the jar I smelled the dip mix and tasted it. Oh my, what a great smell. A quick look at the ingredients and I found out that there was Crystallized Maple Syrup in it. Right away I was excited. Never seen that mix before and did a quick search on their website and found many recipes that I can cook and bake using this mix. Recipes like Maple Bacon Braised Kale, Maple Spice Glazed Ham, Peaches in a Glass of Wine, Saucy Maple Blueberry Cake and Canadian Maple Brined Turkey.

Since Thanksgiving is coming soon for us Canadians, I am going to cook the Canadian Maple Brined Turkey.