Red Velvet Cupcakes for Valentine!

Red Velvet Cupcakes
Happy Valentine Day! My son Maxime came home, last night, from Ontario. I picked him up at the Nanaimo airport and we had a great drive home. I am so happy to have him around. On Thursday we will take the ferry and go to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics. I can't wait. I have been waiting for this moment since I am young. I have been watching the Olympics for as long as I can remember and always dreamed about being there someday. The day has come. We will be visiting the French Quarter at Granville Island and watch many shows. I will be going to see a hockey game, they Russian against the Czech. I always loved watching the Russians on TV. Beside Canada they are my 2nd favorite team. This will be a moment in the history of my life. I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

For Valentine Day I made some delicious Red Velvet Cupcakes for my two sons. They are a Martha Stewart Recipe. I made my own buttercream recipe for the frosting. We are enjoying them today in between hockey games. My son Mathieu plays and is refereeing three games today. And finally the sun in Comox Valley after many grey days and rainy days.

Recipe on Martha Stewart website