Parisian Fruit Tarts - Invite a Blogger to your Table

Parisian Fruit Tartlets

For Mother's Day my three kids were home for Dinner. We had a delicious Penna Alla Vodka with garlic bread. For desserts we had Parisian Fruit Tarts from The Modern Baker. I purchased this cookbook a while ago and it was the first time that I was baking from it. To make the tarts you prepare a press-in cookie dough. This was the easiest crust that I have ever made for a tart. It has the taste and texture of a shortbread. I made my tarts using mini tart pans. You bake your tarts and then you garnish them with pastry cream and fresh fruits. The tarts are good to eat by themselves. Other than pastry cream you can garnish the tartlets with a chocolate ganache adding a bit of Bailey's for a special treat. These Parisian Fruit Tarts are a mainstay of pastry shops in Paris. These are best with seasonal fruits that you find at your market.


This recipe is for the event Invite a Blogger to your Table. The concept is to invite another blogger to share a recipe with you. This is a great opportunity to challenge yourself in the kitchen and create new friendships. I invited Kayte from Grandma's Kitchen Table to bake these Parisian Fruit Tarts.