Five things about ME!


The lovely Val over at More then Burnt Toast has tagged me with the meme of five facts. She has a really nice blog. You should pay her a visit.

So what do I do now that I've been tagged? Well. There are rules.

These are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

About me:

1- I've been married for almost 20 yrs. That's a long time. Our 20th anniversary will be Dec. 10 of this year. I got married in Portage-la-Prairie, Manitoba, even if DH and myself are from the province of Quebec. It was the coldest day of my life. But we had a really good time. Just few friends, my family and DH family. Right after our wedding we spent couple weeks on Holiday in Quebec visiting the family and then we were separated for 4 months. You'll find the reason on #2.

2- I was in the military. I did my basic training in 1985. Was so hard, but I made it. I finished 6th on my platoon of 60. Not bad. Then I went to Borden to do my training as a driver. After four months I was posted to Manitoba. I drove all kinds of vehicules from trucks, to heavy equipment, buses, snowplow, name it and I probably drove it. I was there until the end of April 1989. That's when I released and went to Alberta to be with DH who is a military helicopter pilot.

3- I lived in 7 provinces in Canada. We moved almost every 3 yrs. I had a chance to visit all of Canada. What a beautiful country. Also I was not only moving but I had 3 wonderful kids. Now DH is still in the military and we were just posted, in August 2007, to the Comox Valley in BC. We enjoy it here.

4- I worked for the RCMP in a section called: Criminal Intelligence Service NB. I loved it. It was one of the most interesting and rewarding job I had. I'm not doing it anymore because we moved. So sad. But I had a chance to meet wonderful people.

5- I'll like to see the world. When I was yound I always said that I wanted to work in the military and with the RCMP, which I did, and I said that I wanted to see every country of the world. I'm still working on that one.

Now you learned a bit more about me.

SO now it's my turn to tag 5 people. I hope you play along.

Kevin at Closet Cooking

Valérie at La cuisine de Valérie

Rosa at Rosa's Yummy Yums

Ashley at Eat me, delicious

Manggy at No Special Effects