The Simple Art of the Tart

Sugar Pie

I'm always on a quest for a better pie crust. I like my crust to be flaky, buttery and tasty. After many trials and errors I came upon Orangette's blog and found what has now become my all-time favorite pie crust. What's different about this dough is that you add apple cider vinegar, which keep the dough tender. I love the soft feeling of that dough after it was rolled out. It did not break out when I transferred the dough to the pie plate. For this test I made a sugar pie. Now we're in Heaven.



AWARDS:

Recently I received two Brillante Weblog Awards and let me tell you that it had made my day.

One the the Awards was from my dear 'food blogger friend' Val. She lives in the same provice as me and some day we will meet. Can't wait to meet this generous person. She always come up with great recipes and participated in many food blogger events. I get a lot of inspiration from her blog. She also like to talk about daily life and her precious daughter. Please take the time to visit Val at:
More Than Burnt Toast

And the second Award was from Farida of Farida’s Azerbaijani Cookbook. She lived in Long Beach, California where she moved from Baku. I'm jealous. Cooking is her passion. She has lot's of interesting recipes. Here is the link to visit her:
Farida's Azerbaijani Cookbook


Brilliant Weblog is a prize given to sites and blogs that are smart and brilliant both in their content and their design. The purpose of the prize is to promote as many blogs as possible in the blogosphere.
Here are the rules to follow :
When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back.
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’.
Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).
I am passing this award on to:


-Singapore: Epicurean Escapism
-Amsterdam, NY: A Southern Grace
-Southern California: Alexandra' Kitchen
-Manhattan, NY: Big City, Little Kitchen
-Seattle, Washington: We Heart Food
-Munich: Delicious Days
-And finally: Dine and Dish