Divine Toffee Squares

Devine Toffee Squares

It's been a while since I could access Blogger. Kevin from Closet Cooking was a big help in helping me how to be able to post again. I'm still having problems login to blogger and hopefully they will fix it soon.

I just came back from a week vacation in Ottawa and Quebec. Visited my daughter and my family. We had a good time. It's always nice to visit them. I'm back on Vancouver Island and already miss them. We are considering moving East, in the summer, to be closer to the family.

Before going on Holiday I make a treat. Those are so good. I wanted to eat the whole pan.

Divine Toffee Squares

Base:
125 ml AP flour
175 ml Rice Krispies
75 ml brown sugar
1 ml baking soda
pinch salt
75 ml butter, melted

2nd layer:
300 ml sweetened condensed milk
125 ml butter
125 ml brown sugar

3rd layer:
300 ml Rice Krispies cereal
125 ml chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper.

In a bowl, mix ingredients of the base. Press into the pan. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.

In a heavy saucepan like Le Creuset, combine the condensed milk, butter and brown sugar. Cook on medium-low heat, bring to a boil and boil another 5 minutes. You need to stir continuously or it will burn. Pour over the baked crust.

In the microwave melt the chocolate chips. Stir in the Rice Krispies cereal. Mix well. Using two forks, spread over caramel layer. Chill for several hours.

Adapted from Rice Krispies.



Devine Toffee Squares