Sloppy Joes

Sloppy Joe

As a mom of two teenage sons I like quick, fast, tasty recipes during the week. They come and go and  they need to eat a decent meal after school and before going out. I had no inspiration for dinner tonight and Ricardo came to the rescue.

If you don't know Ricardo yet he his one of my favorite Chef on Food Network. His recipes never failed me. Ricardo is the most popular TV chef in Quebec, he has been called "Quebec's answer to Jamie Oliver." I love his cookbook Weekend Cooking.

For tonight's dinner I choose to cook Sloppy Joes. I have made many Sloppy Joe recipes but this one is one of the best. You can serve it the tradionnal way on buns with cheese on top that you melt under the broiler or with your favorite nachos chips, sour cream and green onions. It's delicious.

SLOPPY JOE:

Ingredients:
675 grams lean ground beef
1 onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
15 ml chili powder
5 ml dry mustard
30 ml olive oil
60 ml tomato paste
2 garlic cloves, minced
250 ml chicken broth
125 ml chili sauce
30 ml vinegar
30 ml brown sugar
15 ml Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
4 burger bread

Directions:

Sloppy Joe



Sloppy Joe