Artos/Christopsomos BBA Challenge

Greek Celebration Bread


This is the second bread I made for the BBA Challenge. We had to bake a Greek Celebration bread. I choose the Christopsomos. You need two days to make this bread. The first day you prepare the polish and the next day you mix the polish with rest of the ingredients.

Lot's of flavors going on in this bread. During the kneading process spices, nuts, fruits and extracts are added to the dough: cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, orange extract, almond extract, golden raisins, dried cranberries, and walnuts.

This was my first experience with a Greek Celebration Bread. I have never tasted one before. At first I did not fall in love with the bread but the more I eat it the more I like it. I especially liked it toasted with butter.

I don't think I will make this bread again but I am satisfied with the results. I learned new techiniques. Next recipe we are making are bagels.

Greek Celebration Breads from other BBA’ers:

Pinch My Salt
The Yumarama Bread Blog
Appoggiatura
White Apples A Blog