Canadian Maple Brined Chicken

Brined Chicken

Special Thanks to Aran from Cannelle et Vanille for the great tips on photographing in low light condition. Please visit her blog and you will be inspired by her creations.


We are all getting ready for Thanksgiving in Canada. Only three weeks to go. In Canada Thanksgiving is a Monday so people either celebrate the Saturday, the Sunday, Monday or the three days. It’s the time of the year to be with family and friends. This year we are still living on the Island and my family lives thousands of miles away. We will celebrate without them. I’m a bit sad about it. We love to see each other in my family. We always have a great time. I have two sisters and one brother and we don’t see them as much as we would like. When we meet we always plan food ahead of time. It plays a big role in our family reunion. One rule is that everything has to be homemade. Also because we are French we love great wines. After a great meal and wine you may find us all singing, dancing, doing crazy things and having a great time. Since we all live apart we usually see each other over two days and the next morning we have a big brunch. Those mornings we talk about the night we had and watch the pictures and videos we took the night before. We cherish those special moments in our lives and they are our most precious memories.

For my recipe I am using Epicure Selections Canadian Maple Brining kit. I like to try a recipe at least once before we have guests for Dinner. So I did prepare a chicken using the brining kit. Brining makes cooked meat moister. It will prevent your meat from drying out. It will also carry a great flavor into the meat. What I love about the kit is that it comes with everything you need to brine the Turkey. In the Canadian Maple Brined Turkey kit you get Mulling Spices, Black Pepper, Maple Spice Fruit Dip Mix, Turkey Rub and bags. All you have to do is add water, salt, brown sugar and brine the Turkey for a couple of days. If you have always been afraid to cook a Turkey you should try this kit and your family will be delighted with the results. That brined chicken was outstanding. I’m still licking my fingers.


SaveSave