Vanilla Cake with Brown Sugar Fudge Frosting

Vanilla Cake with Brown Sugar Fudge Frosting

We have been busy around here with the move of my son to a new apartment (closer to the University), the start of school year, hockey season and adjusting to our new life in Ottawa. I am still so happy to be closer to my two oldest kids. When they come to visit I like to bake when I have time. Maxime came, couple weekends ago, and I wanted to bake a Vanilla Cake. Usually I prepare a buttercream frosting but this time wanted something different. He loves brown sugar fudge so I decided to prepare a batch and frost my cake. We loved the cakes. They are so good that if I was running a bakery they would be on the menu.

For the long week-end my two oldest are coming to visit and my Mother-in-Law. It's Thanksgiving for us Canadians.




Vanilla Cake


1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk


Preheat oven to 350F.


Mix flour, baking powder and salt.  In a bowl cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla for 5 minutes.  Add the flour mixture alternating with the milk.  Mix well.


Divide in two-round molds of 8 inchs.


Bake at 350F for 30 to 35 min.  


Let the cake rest, at room temperature, for 1 hour before frosting the cake.


I frosted the cake with my recipe of Old-Fashioned Brown Sugar Fudge