My French Toasts recipe



It's Halloween and I can't wait to see the goblins that will come to our door tonight. Every year I am amaze by the quality and originality of the costumes. This afternoon my daughter will come home and she will finish carving the five pumpkins that she bought last week-end. We got them at a very good price. I will be preparing a beef and vegetables stew and we will be waiting for our special guests to come. I still have to figure out my costume but will I find one on time for tonight.

One of my favorite recipe that I made last month was this Pumpkin Pie in Jars dessert. It turned out to be so good. Will make that dessert again next fall for sure. My brother-in-law is celiac and he will appreciate it next time we meet. Talking about my brother-in-law he told me once that it was very hard for him to find gluten-free products that were delicious. Next time I see him I will have good news for him because Udi's products are really tasty. When I tasted the bread I did not noticed a different taste. It tasted like a good piece of bread.

When my family gathered together, since we all come from different parts of Québec and Ontario, we usually do a sleep over and the next day we collectively prepare a brunch before we all leave to go back home.  We take the time to talk about the fun we had at the party the night before, we look at pictures and we enjoy our last couple hours together.

Since I have discovered the Udi's Gluten Free bread my brother-in-law will be able to eat my recipe of French Toasts with us. This is a very simple recipe and you can use any kind of bread. For this recipe I tried Udi's White Sandwich bread and the Whole Grain bread and both turned out to be delicious. Be creative when making French Toasts, you can use any topping that you like. We love maple syrup and fresh fruits.

Happy Halloween!


FRENCH TOASTS

3 eggs
2 ml salt
25 ml sugar
125 ml milk
5 to 6 slices bread 
15 ml butter

Mix well the eggs, salt, sugar and milk with a fork in a large bowl.

Melt the butter in a non stick pan. When the butter is melted dunk each slice of bread into the egg mixture. Make sure you do turn over the bread to have the mixture all over the bread. Place in pan and cook until golden brown. Depending of the size of your pan you can cook 2-4 slices at the time. 

Top with maple syrup, fresh fruits, whipped cream, chocolate.