Asian Spicy Chex Mix Recipe

Asian Spicy Chex Mix Recipe.


The Oscars will be airing on March 2nd. Are you excited? Since you probably did not receive an invitation in the mail you might want to host an Oscar party. That way you will have a front seat to watch one of the most anticipated TV show of the year. Cocktails are what usually people first think when hosting a party but food is on top of my list. Bite size appetizers are trendy, also plan of having snacks for the big night. This Asian Spicy Chex Mix is not only good, it looks chic. Your friends that are gluten intolerant will be pleased because Chex is gluten-free.

I have to confess that a dream of mine is to attend the Red Carpet and take pictures of the stars. A girl can only dream. Until that happened I will be admiring the Stars at their best, and the next day will be looking at the pictures of best and worst dressed. I was thrilled when I found out that Ellen Degeneres will be hosting. It will be her second time hosting the Oscars and I am sure that she is as excited as we are.

I did not find the time to watch all the movies yet. I am glad that I saw Captain Phillips, and you should watch it if you have not done so. It is gripping from the moment it starts until the end. It is one of the best performance by Tom Hanks. At times I felt like I was alone in the theatre, everyone was so quiet. It is a dramatic movie and very emotional.



ASIAN SPICY CHEX MIX

Ingredients
6 cups popcorn
2 cups Chex cereal
2 cups pretzels
1 cup peanuts
1 cup roasted green peas
2 cups Snapea Crisps
1/3 cup butter melted
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp chinese five-spice
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp ground ginger

Directions
1- Preheat oven to 375F. In a small bowl mix butter and spices. In a large bowl mix popcorn, Chex cereal, pretzels, peanuts, roasted green peas and Snapea Crisps. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture and mix well.
2- Place on a shallow baking pan with sides. Bake for 30 minutes.