Chocolate-Pecan Palmiers

chocolate pecan palmiers


The holiday season is fast approaching and with it comes the frenzy of shopping, baking and cooking. I don't have a clue when I will have time to do it all because this year I am going on a 20-day trip to Asia. I will only be back mid-December and will have to start planning to make sure I am ready to celebrate with my family on Christmas Eve. 
During the month of November I have been trying new recipes like these Chocolate-Pecan Palmiers. I have never made palmiers before and was quite surprised at how easy they are to make. I found myself really liking playing with the puff pastry. The filling is simply pecans with the new, special edition Philadelphia Chocolate Brick Cream Cheese. These palmiers are best if you eat them the day you bake them because they are crispy. But don't hesitate to make them ahead of time and freeze them. When you want to serve these palmiers just thaw them at room temperature and reheat in the oven before serving. You can garnish them with Sugar in the Raw Turbinado Style or powdered sugar.

What are your favourite holiday cookies and desserts?


CHOCOLATE-PECAN PALMIERS

Ingredients: 
1 pkg. (450 g) frozen pre-rolled puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
1 pkg. (250 g) Philadelphia Chocolate Brick Cream Cheese, softened
2/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp. Sugar in the Raw Turbinado Style Golden Sugar

Directions:
Please visit Kraft Canada for the recipe.