Spicy Snack Mix

spicy snack mix


It's already boxing day. I am staying home all day. I am not going shopping today. It's quiet in the house. I came back from visiting my sister in Montreal and my husband and children are gone to visit his family for couple days. On December 24th we stayed home with our children and had a delicious, traditional meal. Then we played games all night and listened to music. Santa came during the night. Our tradition is to open the gifts on Christmas morning, then we have a nice brunch. 

When we are together we like to eat homemade snacks. I made this Spicy Snack Mix two times during the holidays and it's already a winner in the house. It's a mix that you can add different things when you make it. This one has plain popcorn, almonds, smarties and white chocolate chips. I mixed popcorn and almonds in a big bowl, then poured over melted butter with Patak's mild curry paste. It's a nice way to Mix in a Little India in my mix. To make it spicy I added cayenne pepper. This mix is baked in the oven for 30 minutes. Then you let it cool at room temperature and add the smarties and the chocolate chips. Enjoy!


SPICY SNACK MIX

Ingredients:
8 cups plain popcorn
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup smarties
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
2 tbsp Patak's Mild Curry Paste
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Directions:
1- Preheat oven to 275F.
2- In a large bowl mix the popcorn with the almonds.
3- In a small pan melt the butter with the Patak's Mild Curry Paste. Add the cayenne pepper and mix.
4- Pour over the popcorn mix and mix well.
5- Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread the mix. Bake at 275F for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool before adding the chocolate chips and smarties.