Red Wine Spaghetti Recipe

red wine spaghetti


I was pleasantly surprised by the complex flavor of this Red Wine Spaghetti. This is a simple recipe that looks elegant, it's For Pasta Lovers! I would have no problem serving this pasta dish to my guests. It never crossed my mind to cook pasta in red wine.


When I was growing up our idea of spaghetti was plain, white pasta with a can of meat sauce. It was for those nights when my parents were too busy on the farm and we had to prepare something quick. I would have preferred this dish anytime. If you have leftover wine make this. The recipe calls for seasoned breadcrumbs, which I did not have in the house, instead I used toasted walnuts. I decided to serve this pasta with feta cheese instead of parmesan for a change. It was so delicious.

This pasta dish would be perfect for Valentine's Day! For some of you it's a very special day. When my husband is around we like to eat home. There are too many people in restaurants on Valentine's Day. And since we love red wine, pasta goes very well with it.

I am a visual person and like to search for ideas by looking at pictures on Pinterest for delicious romantic dinner ideas! A recipe that caught my eyes is the Spaghettini with Roasted Beet and Poppy Seed made with spaghettini. I am counting my daily fiber intake and finally a tasty pasta with 10 grams of fiber per serving. My family love it and the texture is perfect!



RED WINE SPAGHETTI

Ingredients
225g Spaghetti
375 ml red wine (preferably Zinfandel)
5 ml sugar
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Pinch red chili flakes
60 ml Italpasta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
125 ml Breadcrumbs (I used toasted walnuts)
salt and pepper
60 ml Parmesan cheese, grated (I used feta cheese)

Directions:
1- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for 4 minutes. Drain pasta and return to the pot. Place the pot back on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the wine and sugar and bring to a boil. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
2- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the breadcrumbs and continue to cook until toasted, about 5 minutes. Season breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.
3- Increase skillet temperature to medium-high heat. Add the spaghetti and any remaining liquid, toss for 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.

Serves 2