Crunchy Chocolate Chips Peanut Butter Snack Bites Recipe


Crunchy Chocolate Chips Peanut Butter Snack Bites

Growing up I spent countless hours in the kitchen browsing my mom's small collection of cookbooks. She did not buy magazines but would occasionally receive free recipe booklets in the mail. It would not be a surprise if I told you that I would peruse the dessert section first. I had been baking since I was about seven years old, and had also been watching my mom make her famous old-fashioned fudge and licking the bowl.

At the time, one on my favorite treats that I liked to bake was layered peanut butter and chocolate bars. When my dad would come home from working on the farm he was always thankful that I had made a dessert for the family. As a matter of fact, we had dessert almost every night. We worked hard on the farm and that sweet treat at the end of a meal was always something we were looking forward to savouring. It was those days when my mom would tell us to finish our plates if we wanted dessert.

Over the years I have baked a lot of desserts and I still love the peanut butter-chocolate combo. To me there is no better combination. Even a teaspoon of peanut butter topped with chocolate chips satisfies my cravings.

Since a couple of years ago I have entered the world of making desserts in balls. I don't know what it is but I like bite-sized treats. I even tried the famous cake pops, but that takes a lot time to make. Sometimes it's nice to prepare something that is quick and that we can eat almost right away.

Those days when we had dessert every night are gone but since I love to bake, I still like to prepare quick, super tasty recipes. When they have healthy ingredients it's a bonus. One of my sons has been changing his lifestyle for a couple of years now and he is watching what he eats. He likes peanut butter and oats.

I decided to make those delicious Peanut Butter Snack Bites, no baking involved, even kids can make these balls. How cool is that? We liked this recipe so much that I have made it at least 5 times in the past month. It's a perfect for a morning treat when we have a little a snack attack!


CRUNCHY CHOCOLATE CHIPS PEANUT BUTTER SNACK BITES

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Kraft Crunchy Peanut Butter
1/4 cup honey
1 cup large flakes rolled oats
1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
1/2 cup Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds (Optional)

Directions:
1- In a large bowl microwave peanut butter with the honey for 30 seconds on high.
2- Add oats, peanuts, chia seeds and chocolate chips.
3- Roll into balls and refrigerate.




Crunchy Chocolate Chips Peanut Butter Snack Bites

Crunchy Chocolate Chips Peanut Butter Snack Bites
Don't forget to serve these Snack Bites with coffee or tea. Delicious!