Homemade Granola Recipe

Homemade Granola, quick and easy to make! - La Cuisine d'Hélène


Do you like granola? Why not make your own? This recipe is very easy, it's simply oats, nuts, seeds and coconut flakes mixed with oil and maple syrup. I don't add a lot of maple syrup because I don't want my granola to be too sweet but you could add more. Personally, I also don't like a lot of stuff in my granola, but you could add cranberries, raisins or dark chocolate chips once it's cooled. In some recipes they say to add the nuts just five minutes before the end of baking, but I do it at the beginning because I like my nuts to be crunchy. I store my granola in Mason jars in the fridge and it will easily keep for two weeks. It's so good on top of yogurt, with almond milk, or on top of compote. As a snack yesterday I made rhubarb compote, added a couple tablespoons of granola and it was delicious. My son liked this mix so much that he said he would be the one making the granola next time using my recipe!


HOMEMADE GRANOLA

Ingredients:
2 cups large flake oats
2/3 cup almonds, sliced
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
6 tbsp raw pumpkin seed
4 tbsp coconut flakes
1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan salt (or table salt)
2 tbsp Macadamia Nut oil (or vegetable oil)
2 tbsp maple syrup (I used Pure Infused Maple Syrup Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Cloves)
1 egg white

Directions:
1- Preheat oven to 300F.
2- In a large bowl mix oats, almonds, seeds, salt and coconut flakes.
3- In a small bowl mix oil, maple syrup and egg white.
4- Add to the oats and mix with a fork.
5- Spread on a large cookie sheet.
6- Bake at 300F for 25 to 30 minutes. Make sure you don't burn the nuts.
7- Let cool at room temperature for 45 minutes.
8- Place in Mason jars and keep in the fridge for two weeks.

Enjoy!


Homemade Granola, quick and easy to make! - La Cuisine d'Hélène