Greek Yogurt Jalapeño Guacamole Recipe

Greek Yogurt Jalapeño Guacamole

In the summer I just love to stop at farmers' stand along the road and buy what they have freshly picked that day. I know how hard they work because I was raised on a farm myself. After supper, my mom would tell us that our dessert was to go work in the vegetable garden. We had a big one. At the time, we did not realize how lucky we were to be able to just go outside and pick our own veggies. I still remember how amazing a freshly picked tomato smells and tastes. It so good I can't even describe it! We often had different kinds of vegetable sandwiches for lunch: one day was cucumber, the next tomato or radishes. It was delicious!

Over the years I used vegetables in different recipes but I still like to eat them as natural as possible. When I had kids, the best way to make them eat their veggies was to make a dip. When you put a plate of veggies on the table without dip, they look at it and they don't even touch them. Add a dip and your plate will be empty in no time! There is just something with kids and dip. My children are older now and they like to try different things, so when I made this Greek Yogurt Jalapeño Guacamole it was a hit. It is made with the new Philadelphia Jalapeño Cream Cheese that has just the right amount of real jalapeño pieces. With this cream cheese you can make delicious snacks in a flash! 

Greek Yogurt Jalapeño Guacamole

Ingredients:
1 cup plain low fat Greek style yogurt
1 cup Philadelphia Jalapeño Cream Cheese (or plain)
1 fully ripe avocado
1/4 cup chopped Vidalia onions
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice

Directions:
1- Process all ingredients in food processor until smooth. 
2- Serve with your favourite vegetables.