Brownies with Brown Sugar Sauce

Brownies C.I.


Wow these brownies are addictive. After I saw the post on brownie comparison on The Way the Cookie Crumbles I decided to make one of the recipes. Since I previously made the famous Ina's Outrageous Brownies I baked the C.I. brownies.

After they were out of the oven and had cooled for 2 hrs I tasted them. At the time I did prefer Ina's brownies. After a night in the fridge I came up with the idea to serve them to my boys at Dinner with ice cream and a warm Brown Sugar Sauce. Success. It was so good. We were licking our plate. I will make these brownies again and will serve them exactly like I did tonight.

BROWNIES

Ingredients:
1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped medium (optional)
5 ounces plain cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate or Dark Chocolate, chopped fine
6 ounces (12 tbsps) butter, cut into 6 pieces
1 2/3 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Directions:
1- Preheat oven to 325F.
2- Place parchment paper in a 13x5 pan.
3- The nuts in this recipe are optional. If using place on a baking sheet and toast in the oven, at 325F, for about 5-7 minutes. Let cool at room temperature.
4- In a large microwave bowl melt the chocolate with the butter. Whisk in the sugar and set aside to cool.
5- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
6- Whisk in the chocolate mixture, one egg at a time. Add the vanilla extract.
7- Fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture. Mix well.
8- Transfer to the 13 x 9 pan. Bake at 325F for 30 to 35 minutes. The center should still be a bit moist.
9- Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature for 2 hours. Place in a airtight container on the counter overnight.

NOTES:
-Brownies taste better the next day.
-Freeze leftover brownies. Wrap uncut brownies in 2 layers of foil and 1 layer of plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 4 months.

BROWN SUGAR SAUCE
Ingredients:
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup cream 35%

Directions:
1- Place the brown sugar, sugar and cream in a medium saucepan. 
2- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugars are dissolved and sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.