Classic Banana Bread

Cooking Light Mom's Banana Bread


Today is World Nutella Day. We love Nutella. If I'm at a crêperie I will always order a crêpe with bananas and nutella. At home we love nutella on toasts, croissants and on banana bread.

Since I wanted to keep things on the light side, I decided to try the banana bread that seems to be the post popular on the Cooking Light Bulletin Board. I read all of the great reviews and finally started baking. This bread has only one quarter cup of butter so I was curious to see the results. It did not take long after it was out of the oven that I wanted to try a piece of that bread. The outside of the bread is more chewy than your traditional banana bread. The texture is also chewy but I have to admit that the taste is really good. First I tried it by itself, liked it, and when I spreaded the Nutella it was even better. I could not stop at one slice.

The boys will be happy, they love to snack on banana bread and also, for them, it's a quick grab & go breakfast in the morning.

I'm glad I finally baked this recipe. I will bake this banana bread again if I want to spread Nutella on top, that way I'll save some calories. If I want a plain, old-fashioned banana bread I will make Mrs. Hockmeyer Banana Bread .


CLASSIC BANANA BREAD

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour 
3/4 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1 cup sugar 
1/4 cup butter, softened 
large eggs 
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas) 
1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
Cooking spray

Directions:

Here's the link to the recipe.