Nachos Recipe

Nachos

When we are hosting I like to make a list of appetizers that I will be serving.  Whether it's Thanksgiving, the Super Bowl, New Year's or any other party, a big plate of nachos is always a hit. I have never met one person that did not like nachos with melted cheese on top, and I just can't resist them. They are super easy to prepare and you can top them with green peppers, green onions and jalapeños. If you like your nachos hot, leave the seeds of the Jalapeño for the topping. It will give your nachos that extra kick. 

When making my nachos, I simply put one layer of tortilla chips on a parchment paper placed on a baking sheet. I cover the chips with cheese. Make sure that you choose restaurant-style tortilla chips if you like them crispy. If they are thick, however, they will hold the toppings better. As for the cheese, I like the Cracker Barrel Tex Mex cheese. I always keep a bag in my fridge and use it not only for nachos, but also for any recipe that has cheese in it. It has just the right amount of mozzarella, cheddar, Monterey Jack, queso quesadilla and Jalapeño. I serve my nachos with sour cream mixed with the Philadelphia Jalapeño Cream Cheese. If you have not tried it yet, you should, it's so good! Earlier this year, I made a Greek Yogurt Jalapeño Guacamole with this cream cheese and it was a hit.


NACHOS WITH JALAPENO CREAM CHEESE

Ingredients
1 pkg Tortilla Chips (300g)
2 cups Cracker Barrel Tex Mex cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Philadelphia Jalapeño Cream Cheese
1 Jalapeño, sliced
1/4 cup green pepper, diced
2 tbsps green onions, sliced

Directions:
1- Preheat oven at broil.
2- Arrange tortilla chips on a pizza pan with parchment paper.
3- Top with cheese.
4- Broil 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
5- Garnish with jalapeño, green peppers, green onions.
6- In a small bowl mix the sour cream with the Philadelphia Jalapeño Cream Cheese.
7- Serve the Nachos with the cream cheese mix.

Enjoy!





Disclosure: I am a Kraft Canada #WhatsCooking contributor.